Friday, July 31, 2009

I need help with Microsoft visual C++ 2005......?

I am a newbie in programming, I am using Microsoft visual c++ express edition to learn the basics. I want to know the keywords for entering data and also the keyword for displaying result, (like the INPUT and PRINT in the old BASIC). I used cin and cout, but the program ended up having errors. It didn't accept the cin and cout keywords. I am trying to make a simple program to accept a value as input, do some mathematical operations and display the result.





This is my project





#include %26lt;iostream%26gt;


#include "stdafx.h"


#include %26lt;sstream%26gt;


#include %26lt;string%26gt;











int main()


{


int c;


cin %26gt;%26gt; c;


int total = c + 100;


cout %26lt;%26lt; total %26lt;%26lt; end1;


return 0;


)





Also a simple but detailed tutorial would be helpful. If you know any links please post it.

I need help with Microsoft visual C++ 2005......?
In between the lines:


#include %26lt;string%26gt;





int main()


Type the line:


using namespace std;





A namespace is just an organizational thing. Everything in the standard library of functions and such that come with the C++ language are defined inside a namespace called "std", which stands for "standard". Without that line you would've had to type something like:


std::cout %26lt;%26lt; total %26lt;%26lt; std::endl;


This isn't something you'll really have to worry about, just remember to include that line "using namespace std;" in your programs.





Also, the line:


cout %26lt;%26lt; total %26lt;%26lt; end1;


end1 should be endl (lowercase L)





endl stands for "end line".





Here's a tutorial I've used before:


http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.htm...

gift baskets

No comments:

Post a Comment