Friday, July 31, 2009

Looking for a tutorial on creating a 3D Modeler in VS2005?

More specifically, I am trying to build a game engine, complete with modeler/level designer/scripter. I have my graphics (OGRE), physics, etc. engines already. I found a tutorial using nothing but MFC to create it, and it was extremely tedious. I did not mind it, but the one thing I did not enjoy was not having full control over my interface design. I would like to design it and see it in front of me rather than having to wait until the end of my programming, compile it, get excited, and then find out something's wrong and not be able to see it until it's fixed. I would like to create this in Visual C++ if at all possible.

Looking for a tutorial on creating a 3D Modeler in VS2005?
lol, welcome to the wonderful world of game programming! I've used Ogre before too, and it was such a pain to work on the UI and not be able to see it, have to rebuild and run the app to see my changes. It can take a lot of time. Are you building your UI using Cegui? There's a layout tool you can get from the Cegui website, immensely helpful for designing your UI without having to recompile and load your app. Other than that, there's no other way to do what you're asking.


No comments:

Post a Comment