Friday, July 31, 2009

Microsoft Visual C++ Error C2447?

Microsoft Visual C++ error c2447?





I had decided i wanted to learn C++ so i downloaded microsoft visual C++ express 2008 and tried doing a simple "Hello World!" project.I got it to run once but now it wont run i keep getting error C2447: missing function header (old-style formal list?)





this is the code


#include %26lt;iostream%26gt;


using namespace std;





int main();


{


cout %26lt;%26lt;"Hello World!\n";


return 0;


}





it is not just this project even when i tried copying the exact code used in a microsoft tutorial it gave me the same error





Hope some can help


Thanks


=]™

Microsoft Visual C++ Error C2447?
I am conversant with earlier versions of Visual C++ and am sure they would run if you removed the semicolon after the function main(). All the best!
Reply:Your code is incorrect and the program can't read it. That's why your getting the error message. I don't know much about C++ but there is a book I used once and it was very helpful called "C++ for Dummies" don't let the word dummies trick you it has lots of information and will assit you. Good Luck


No comments:

Post a Comment